E-mailing the municipality
By using our contact form (Dutch) you can ask questions to the municipality. This form will be sent directly to one of our employees who is an expert on the topic of your question.
We offer this contact form for questions instead of a direct email address, as this enables us to help you more efficiently. We advise you to use DigiD when answering questions about your personal situation. You can find the DigiD login page through the contact form (Dutch) as well.
Report public space issues (i.e. broken street lighting, excess trash)
- You can report public space issues online 24 hours a day, or you can call 053 - 481 76 00. In case of an emergency, please always call.
- Within the Netherlands: 14 053
- From abroad: +31 53 4818181.
Public desk of the municipality
Opening hours of this desk
If you want to visit the public desk, you will need to make an appointment. You can make an appointment online 24 hours a day, or call 14 053, between the following opening hours:
- Monday through Friday 08.30 - 16.30
- Thursday evening 17.00 - 19.30
Werkplein Twente (for issues regarding employment)
Werkplein Twente is located within the City Office. You can make an appointment any time between Monday and Friday from 9.00 until 17.00. Make an appointment on the Werkplein Twente website (Dutch) or call 0900 – 9294. Every Tuesday there is a walk-in afternoon, from 12.00 until 16.30.
Town hall and City Archive
Address: Langestraat 24
Opening hours City Archive: Monday through Friday - 8.30 - 13.30
Municipal locations in city districts (Dutch)
Complaints about the municipality
- If you are dissatisfied about the services of the municipality or the behaviour of an employee, you can file a complaint with the Complaints Commisioner of Enschede (Dutch).
- Postbus 20, 7500 AA Enschede
Please send all invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org.