Are you moving within Enschede? Or are you moving from another Dutch municipality to Enschede? You can register your new address online. 70% of our (new) residents register online.
You can register four weeks before your moving date, until 5 days after you have moved at the very latest. Are you moving to a different municipality? Then you should register at that municipality.
Do you not yet have a DigiD? You can easily obtain one at www.digid.nl.
Do you not yet have a DigiD? Then you can call 14 053 (within the Netherlands) or +31 53 481 8181 (from abroad).
Reporting a relocation is free.
Good to know: if you do not report your relocation, you might risk an administrative fine (Dutch).
You will need to bring:
• A valid identity document.
• A written permission from the main resident if you are moving in with someone. You will also need to bring a copy of his/her identity document.
Other points of attention
The following persons are allowed to report a relocation:
• Everyone aged 16 years and above
• Parents, guardians or caregivers of minors.
• Parents, guardians or caregivers of in-house minors, who are 16 years and above, unless the minor reports his/her relocation him/herself.
• Curators for those under legal restraint.
• Parents and adult children, provided they live on the same address.
• Spouses or registered partners, provided they live on the same address.
• An authorized adult.
You cannot provide us with a postal address as your home address.
Authorities that will be notified about your relocation:
The municipality will automatically inform all government authorities, pension funds and health insurance companies about your relocation.