Report your relocation

Are you moving within Enschede? Or are you moving from another Dutch municipality to Enschede? You can register your new address online. 70% of our (new) residents register online.
You can register four weeks before your moving date, until 5 days after you have moved at the very latest. Are you moving to a different municipality? Then you should register at that municipality.

Report relocation with DigD (Dutch)

Do you not yet have a DigiD? You can easily obtain one at


Do you not yet have a DigiD? Then you can call 14 053 (within the Netherlands) or +31 53 481 8181 (from abroad).


Reporting a relocation is free.

Good to know: if you do not report your relocation, you might risk an administrative fine (Dutch).


You will need to bring:

•    A valid identity document.
•    A written permission from the main resident if you are moving in with someone. You will also need to bring a copy of his/her identity document.

Other points of attention

The following persons are allowed to report a relocation:
•    Everyone aged 16 years and above
•    Parents, guardians or caregivers of minors.
•    Parents, guardians or caregivers of in-house minors, who are 16 years and above, unless the minor reports his/her relocation him/herself.
•    Curators for those under legal restraint.
•    Parents and adult children, provided they live on the same address.
•    Spouses or registered partners, provided they live on the same address.
•    An authorized adult.

Postal address

You cannot provide us with a postal address as your home address.

Authorities that will be notified about your relocation:

The municipality will automatically inform all government authorities, pension funds and health insurance companies about your relocation.