Moving abroad

You must deregister from the municipality if you are staying abroad for at least 8 months. Report your move abroad online. You need DigiD.

Deregister in person at the City Office

You can also visit the City Office, at Hengelosestraat 51, to deregister. Call 14 053 to make an appointment.

What you should know

  • Starting 5 days before your departure, you can report your move abroad.
  • Maybe you go abroad for less than 8 months. And you terminate your rent or rent out your own home. You do not have to deregister from the municipality in this case, but do contact us. Call 14 053 for more information.

Required documents

  • Valid identity document, of all family members moving abroad
  • Your current and future address

Proof of deregistration

If you need proof of deregistration abroad, you can request an extract from an RNI municipalityexterne-link-icoon.


Reporting your relocation is free.

Request a DigiD

If you do not have a DigiD, you can obtain one at DigiDexterne-link-icoon. If you need assistance, call the municipality:

More information