Report your relocation

If you move to Enschede from another Dutch municipality, or move within Enschede, you need to register your new residential address online with your DigiD.

What you need to know

  • Register in the period between 4 weeks before until 5 days after the moving date
  • If you move from Enschede to another Dutch municipality, you register your relocation there
  • The municipality will automatically inform all government authorities, student grant funds and health insurance companies about your relocation
  • If you do not report your relocation, the municipality can give you an administrative fine

Required documents

  • Valid identity document
  • Copy of your rental agreement or home purchase contract
  • Written permission letter from the main resident and a copy of their identity document, if you are moving in with someone

Request a DigiD

If you do not have a DigiD, you can easily obtain one at www.digid.nlexterne-link-icoon. If you need assistance, call the municipality:

More information